1. It is a simple office procedure, and does not require any elaborate OT setup.
2. The procedure is easy to learn and practice, with a short learning curve, particularly for beginners.
3. It is safe and effective with minimal complications.
4. Superficial peels are noninvasive and can be used as lunchtime procedures.
5. No significant postoperative care is required, except for deep peels.
6. There is no risk of systemic toxicity except for phenol peels.
7. Chemical agents are easy to procure and are stable
8. There is a wide array of chemical agents that can be used for peeling, hence treatment can be individualized , according to skin type.
9. Procedure and chemicals are inexpensive and easily affordable to most patients.
10. Chemical peeling has been well studied and there is vast long-term experience with peeling agents.