Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: what is it and how does it work?
The doctor takes a little blood which is then treated in a centrifuge so that only the enriched cells or platelets (PRP) remain.
The PRP or highly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, including essential growth proteins, is injected into the scalp or areas to be treated using a special micro needle.
PRP therapy is used in hair restoration for natural looking results
With a thin needle, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors in your blood cells do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
PRP Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women. It is a state of the art, non surgical, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood.
Our blood plasma (PRP) contains active growth factors which can promote hair growth. Helping to restore one’s confidence, the end result is a fuller, healthier looking head of hair.
Advantages of PRP Therapy :
• Simple, non surgical procedure
• Multiple Injections: procedure lasting approximately 60 minutes
• Safe and reliable results
• Very quick recovery period
• Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking end results
The growth factors and other cytokines present in PRP include
• platelet-derived growth factor
• transforming growth factor beta
• fibroblast growth factor
• insulin-like growth factor 1
• insulin-like growth factor 2
• vascular endothelial growth factor
• epidermal growth factor
• Interleukin 8
• keratinocyte growth factor
• connective tissue growth factor
PRP for Pimples scar
The growth factors present in the PRP stimulates stem cells in the skin which will help to develop new skin when injected into deep dermal level. When combined with Nano fractional radio frequency treatment and subcision it gives still better results. PRP also used for facial rejuvenation when it is injected superficially into the skin.