AN INVASIVE PROCEDURE THAT REDUCES SKIN FOLDS AND IMPROVES FACIAL APPEARANCE TO GIVE A YOUNGER LOOK
Dermal filler is a gel made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid which is a natural complex sugar that occurs within our bodies. It diminishes as we age, making the skin drier, thinner and with less ability to fix itself. It works like your body’s own hyaluronic acid to help restore volume to facial features.
It effectively fills lines, folds, wrinkles and help to give fullness to cheeks, lips, jaws, and sides of the forehead. Even the hands can be rejuvenated using fillers. There is a wide range of fillers of varying density and duration of persistence. Depending on the nature of your worry and concern and the extent of the problem, we use the correct type of filler to smoothen out your skin making you look young and refreshed rejuvenating your appearance. The results are immediate and further correction will continue in the following two weeks. Filler once done will last for 12 to 18 months and may require repeat treatment after a period to maintain the desired aesthetic appearance.
What do I need to know before a Filler treatment?
Please do let us know if you are on any blood thinners, or diagnosed with an autoimmune disease or infection at the site of the proposed treatment or dental work done during the period between your consultation and the day of your procedure. Also, it is best to disclose to your doctor if any procedure, especially fillers have been done previously on your face.
This treatment approach aims to:
- Reduce lines around the eyes
- Lift, shape, and volumize the cheeks for a more defined look
- Add volume to the hollowness of forehead and temple areas, lift and project the eyebrows and open the eye area
- Correction of the sunken eyes
- Add fullness to cheeks
- Reduce a “tense” appearance around the mouth
- Correction of smile lines and smooth marionette lines
- Add volume to the lips, while forming lip structure
- Contour the chin/jawline and reduce the appearance of a double chin
- Smoothens necklines and revitalize the neck area
- Improve overall skin quality and hydration
Dermal Filler After Care
- Be gentle with your face for the first several days.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid hot water, steam, or direct sun on your face for 2-3 days to prevent excess swelling.
- Avoid direct pressure or massage on the injected areas of the face for at least one week.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking for 48 hours
- In case of lip filler, kissing is not recommended for 48 hours
- At the time of sleep, it is advised to lie straight position for two days
- Avoid bleach/makeup applicators like sponge and brush for the next 12 hours as it may cause a burning sensation at the points of the needle prick.
- Application of any medicated creams on the skin to be done only 48 hours after treatment unless told by the doctor.
- In case of any bump, rash or any other observations after the procedure has been done, please inform the facility immediately, so as to enable timely intervention.
Dermal Filler Process
The advantages and process of Dermal Filler Treatment.
Anesthesia is usually only a topical application so that this procedure is virtually painless.
No Skin Test
A skin test is not usually needed for Dermal Filler treatment.
It takes about 15 to 45 minutes.
You may need a “touch up” procedure in about 2-4 weeks.
The product is injected with a small needle or cannula depending upon the area of injection.
There are no dressings or specific postoperative precautions.
Can be Combined
This can be combined with other cosmetic surgical procedures.